Monday, May 5, 2014

Companies Create Personal Robots To Make Your Life Easier

I first heard about this while watching TV in Seattle.  I heard that Google was manufacturing robots.  I've done some research and this is what I found:


This one is created by Toshiba and is called ApriPoko.  It is 5 inches tall and keeps all of your home electronics working and is very handy all around the house.  It's helpful because you always can't be around if you're at work.  I would use this one with my electronics when I am at home and too busy to manage it all myself.

This one is called PaPeRo by NEC.  This robot comes in different colors.  It charges itself by going back to it's charging station when it needs to.  It can walk and dance and ask you riddles and makes noises like a motorcycle.  I would use this one to keep me entertained when there's nothing good on TV.  I would chose the 'command' blue one.

This one is called Wakamaru by Mitsubishi.  It costs $8,300!   It is a medical robot that reminds you to take your medication, monitors medical needs, but it's made by a company that also makes cars.  This one can email your medical information to your doctor or your family members.  In the long run this robot could save you money on nursing care.  Because unlike a nurse, you don't have to pay the robot or for a nurses medical or health insurance.  So you can keep robots maintained while keeping yourself  healthy and independent.

This robot is called NAO by Intel.  This model dances and does comedy and is programmable which could really replace a lot of your existing entertainment centers and it could provide you hours of fun.  I would use this one to keep my brain from atrophying.  

This one is called Luna and is made by Robodynamics.  It's 5 feet tall and has an 8" touch screen and several microphones.  It's capable of going outside the house, like it could take your dog for a walk, keeping your animals safe and giving you water and food.  It's your own personal assistant!  I would have this robot assist me in shopping, helping me out with any pets I might own and helping with liquids.  I would also allow my Mom to borrow it...especially if she lives with me in our new robotic home.  

This one is call Polaric by KDDI.  It's a personal assistant robot that can be used to keep your phone, such as iPhone or a Blackberry smartphone in check.  It syncs with your phone contacts, calendar events and gives you reminders about what's happening.  I would use this one for the exact reasons it was developed.  This way my phone would not get backed up with junk emails and stuff.  

This last one is call Robovie by Advanced Telecommunication Research Institute.   This is a desk bound robot that searches Google to get you more information, it explains everything on Google that you search.   This is a very useful robot and it makes it easier to use Google.  This way I don't have to spell everything perfectly and still get the search to go okay.  

So, overall, I know for a fact that these companies are reputable for making robots like this.  It was first done like this with NASA.  Then it was done in the private sector.  It was also done with law enforcement and is now going online for people's personal use.  I saw an ad for it involving the same people that make electronic devices.  I saw an ad that they're coming out with robots for people's personal use.  I think it might have been the same company that makes iPad.  So if you're interested, do your own research on robots and see where you can purchase one for yourself!

See you on my next blog!

2 comments:

  1. Kiel - Until I read your article I did not know that there were that many robots already available. I hope that there will be one out there that can change my diaper when I get really old so you don't have to... Love DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love these robots!! They are so cute. I wish that they had ones that were more like people, but this is a great first step. I want an android to clean my house and make my meals and drive me around..............a slave. You did a great job with this article.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete